The World Association of Soil and Water Conservation (WASWAC) constitutes the Youth Best Paper Award to encourage young scientists to contribute to soil and water conservation research. This award is presented to the outstanding research papers on soil and water conservation by the scientists of 40 years or younger at the end of the awarded year. The award consists of a Certificate from the WASWAC and USD $1000 as honorarium. In case of multi-author papers, the award will be presented to the first author. The Award will be launched at the ’ International Youth Forum on Soil and Water Conservation ’ (IYFSWC) to be held from October 16 -18, 2015 in Nanchang, China.
· The first author of the manuscript should be 40 years old or younger by December 31, 2015.
· The papers should have creativity and originality, as reflected in new insights, interpretations, facts, innovations, methods, or applications.
· The papers should be written in English and should be clear, concise, comprehensible, and jargon-free, so it is easy to read and understand.
· The papers submitted for award should not be published, and the authors should submit the paper for oral presentation at the IYFSWC and agree to publish the same in ‘International Soil and Water Conservation Research’ (ISWCR).
· Application: The author should submit the abstract of the full paper along with the application form duly filled in by December 31, 2014. The full paper must be submitted on or before May, 2015.
· Nomination and Peer-reviewing: The Award Committee will screen and nominate the research papers for peer-reviewing by the experts.
· Evaluation and selection: Based on the results of peer-reviewing, the Award Committee will select the Youth Best Paper Awardees.
Submission of application form/Paper Proposal (Abstract): December 31, 2014
Submission of Full paper: May 31, 2014
Nomination announcement: July 31, 2015
Final awardees announcement: October, 2015
Please sent your application form, abstract/full paper to: IFSWCinf@nit.edu.cn
For more information please visit http://iyfswc.nit.edu.cn or contact:
Dr Qu,Liqin +86-10-68786416 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Peng, Cong +86-791-88179397 IFSWCinf@nit.edu.cn
1. WASWAC Youth Best Paper Award Application form (Abstract Submission)
2. Full paper guide for authors